[dba-SQLServer] Re: Faster Searching

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Feb 19 15:12:21 CST 2004

Mark,

Something is wrong with the way you are searching.
I have a 750,000+ record table that I do a search in
using ODBC against SQL 2000 and it takes less that 2
seconds. I am using Like %something% in the criteria,
so I am not even doing an exact search.  The time went
from about 20 seconds to less than 2 seconds after I
indexed the column.

Robert