[dba-SQLServer] DTS

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Feb 19 21:55:23 CST 2004

SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager

I am putting together a DTS package that copies live data into my test
database.  I have a data transformation set up for the tables and all the
data seems to copy over except the Identity field.  Instead of copying the
old contents it gives them new ID numbers.  This is a problem because when
I try to copy other tables that have relationships the ID's don't match.

When I look at the transformations tab, and open the options for the field
transformation the description shows "Copy the contents of the source data
unchanged to the destination."  (yet is isn't).

Any clues as to why this problem (or better still a solution).

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Churton Park