[dba-SQLServer] Can't Register Server

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jun 8 10:21:39 CDT 2004

I reinstalled SQL 2000 last night, but I can't register the blasted
server.  When I try, it comes back and says it fails because the
connection is open.  This is developer edition on a stand-alone laptop.
I've run into this with every installation of SQL Server on this
machine, although one upon a time I had it working ... Pre-DSL.  My DSL
modem (now replaced with a router) broke SQL on my laptop, so I
uninstalled SQL and have never since been able to get it reinstalled and
working.  Any suggestions?

Charlotte Foust