[dba-SQLServer] Connections

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Jun 16 10:49:35 CDT 2004

One scenario I set up for a customer was to bring up the UDL connection
property window before the app would fully load whenever the connection
string was pointing to my home server.

On the app I am working on today, the app may connect locally, or
remotely to a company server or switch to a fully Web driven
application.  In order to do this I have planned to use an ini to store
the connection strings, but then I'm going to encrypt them w/ 256bit
encryption.  This will guarantee that no casual snooping will connect to
the server.  the 256 bit encryption is based off some code I found on
planet source code, it works remarkably well, tho I've never put it
under any stress test.

I hope this answers part of your question...