[dba-SQLServer] Getting pictures into a blob in SQL Server

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 17 10:32:18 CDT 2004

Hi John:

Access or SQL (Oracle for that matter) bloat and display (extract) too
slowly. The fastest method that handles imbedded graphic files is using ADO
stream method. (If you are interested I will post the code.)

The only really good method, that avoids bloat and is by far the fastest, is
to store the graphic file externally and just uses the tables to track the
file locations.

HTH
Jim