[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition

Ron Allen chizotz at mchsi.com
Mon Jun 21 17:43:13 CDT 2004

Does anyone have any experience with this? It's about $50 on
Amazon. The Microsoft web page says that it is compatible with Windows
XP, but the Amazon specs say no and one review said no. Who to
believe? Also, does anyone know if this includes the Query Analyzer,
Enterprise Manager, and visual DTS tools? That's what I would be
buying it for, mostly. Amazon says "get a taste of SQL Server
Enterprise before buying it", but I can't seem to find a list of the
"restrictions" on this edition. Any information appreciated.

Ron