[dba-SQLServer] Re: SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Jun 22 12:44:15 CDT 2004

Ron,

It has all the tools, plus you can register other SQL servers (MSDE and
full) in the tools and administer them also.  DTS is fully functional.

The limit is something like 10 connections (not 10 users).  There are some
features that would be available in the full versions, like SQL Agent for
scheduling tasks, but you will not need to worry about them for development
purposes.

I have my SIG (Special interest group) members that I teach use it for all
the samples and learning for the group.  It works fine on Win 2000, XP Pro
(Not sure about home), and 2003.

Robert