[dba-SQLServer] Difference between views and queries

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Jun 24 14:56:52 CDT 2004

Exactly, with the small exception that Access stored queries can invoke
Access UDFs... Which may require serious rethinking to get the same
behaviour in views. Alternatively, you can write SQL UDFs which return
tables, and then you can do anything you want with said return values
(tables), such as join.