[dba-SQLServer] re: any ideas

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Mar 15 13:50:06 CST 2004

I'm not sure about that part, but I'm with Francisco on this one.
Schedule some SQL backups at frequency to suit, and then have the
friend's backup software backup the backup directory, not the data
directory.

At ETS I scheduled 4 backups a day and never had to bring down the
server to do so, and they were remarkably quick.