[dba-SQLServer] re: any ideas

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Mon Mar 15 14:35:55 CST 2004

Yes, the SQLServerAgent service *depends* on the MSSQLServer service.  If
you stop the latter, then the dependent services also stop - but not vice
versa.

Backing up files, rather than doing it properly?  Not smart.  But if they're
convinced they know better, you could say "Of course you do *test* your
backups by restoring them - don't you?".

John