[dba-SQLServer] re: any ideas

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Mar 22 09:15:28 CST 2004

In Martins first email he wrote:
Here's the question: When I am NOT working on SQL, and the SQL Service
Manager says that the Service is not started, Second Copy still reports
"File in Use" for all of the files in the SQL Server. That means that they
are not being backed up. Looking at the Services in Windows, I see that
SQLAgent$FILENAME and SQLSERVERAGENT are both shown as Startup Type: Manual
and Status: Not Started (blank). So if SQL is not started, what is tying up
the files? I would like to keep them backed up.

He says that when he is looking in at the Services in windows... I was
suspect to think it was still the MSSqlServer service running in the
background.