[dba-SQLServer] Parse name field

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Oct 8 10:19:24 CDT 2004

Come to think of it though, for my purposes it might not be as difficult as
it appears.  This is for the nVLDB mailing list and I do not need to sort on
or lookup names.  I need the last name just for the purpose of building up a
check field where you use the first N characters of the last name, the zip
etc.  Thus it doesn't matter to me whether I have the entire last name or
just the last word of the last name.

It's always a good thing to talk about a problem because doing so triggers
the brain to analyze the problem.

http://folding.stanford.edu/