[dba-SQLServer] Slightly OT - Reports Slow To Open VB6 SQL Server

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 9 13:55:27 CDT 2005

Are you running on a developer machine with a gig of RAM and all your
users on 256 or 128 Meg machines.
Did some modify a login script that sets a low page file size.
Did someone recently install or upgrade a constantly running program
like a virus checker or office workflow program.
Heck are people running 2 virus checkers at same time.
Here are some hints on page file sizing for people who do photo or sound
editing with large page file requirements.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct03/articles/pcnotes.htm