[dba-SQLServer] importing Access data

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:01:15 CDT 2005

The way we did it is write some DTS jobs that would truncate the Sql Server
tables before the import, this afforded us the ability to import fresh data
at a whim while still developing stored procedures for data access. Will the
customer still be using the current FE? If so the import process ought to be
a huge breeze, since you're just importing data, you would not need to write
any sprocs, just perhaps views so that the end users do not hit the actual
datatabales themselves.

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!