[dba-SQLServer] importing Access data

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:46:24 CDT 2005

if you are very strict about the naming convention of objects in your sql
server db, i would suggest to look over the names of the objects after you
have imported the structures from access to sql server (ie. script it out
from EM) and make any corrections if necessary.  I purely use dts or sql to
do the data import but to replicate the db structure in sql server, maybe
upsizing wizard is best way to go?  I'd prefer dts any day over upsizing
wizard for copy the structure (i'm talking just about the table structure,
not data) but have not been able to figure out how to transfer the defaults
in access into sql server; if anyone knows how, i'd be interested to know.

Billy