[dba-SQLServer] Adding indexes on fields

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 22 00:31:12 CST 2005

Hi John:

That of course depends on how must data you are working with.... How many
GBs... I do not think there is any faster way but if faced with the problem
of a huge DB, I would set them all a once, after checking to see if there
was plenty of hard drive space, set them all and go to bed... and everything
will be done by the morning, next or some other. I recently heard of some MS
fellow who was working on some gargantuan multi-partitioned OLAP SQL farm
and adding the indexing took five days. So anything under that is just
bonus.

My two cents worth
Jim