[dba-SQLServer] limit to records?

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jul 5 18:50:01 CDT 2005

Every database has limitations based on the number of bits used in tables to
define the storage.  It may be high, but it will exist.  There will also be
maximums inferable based on container size and data size.  For example if
the max container size is 2gb (personal version) and you want to store a
single long (32 bit) value then you could store ~512 million records minus
overhead.

I am not finding published maximums for number of records.

http://folding.stanford.edu/