[dba-SQLServer] SP4

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:21:28 CDT 2005

I'm testing sp4 on my dev box right now, so far it seems to peform right on,
but some of the features it brings such as improved #temp table handling I
have not noticed mainly because my programming practice, which is, I
explicitly create the #temp table first via Create Table #temp, and then
populated rather than the lazy Select * into #temp From table

it does have updated XML support which will come in handy in my new project,
but I haven't gotten there yet. I think you want to patch SP4 first then
follow up with the analysis pak

but should you upgrade?..
list of bug fixes for sp4 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888799/
list of bug fixes for sp4 (analysist pak)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888800/

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!