[dba-SQLServer] Use one field or another in query based on acondition

Lavsa, Rich Rich_Lavsa at pghcorning.com
Fri May 20 07:28:44 CDT 2005

I had already tried the exact case statement you gave prior to my post
and I swear to the gods above that it did not work.. And today.. Well it
works perfectly.  Maybe I had a typo or something.. Who knows..

Just to be correct in the post a Case statement uses When not an = ..

CASE RGA.PCCOrderNo WHEN 'No Order' THEN NoOrderAddress.Address1 ELSE
CustomerAddress.Sys_address_1 END AS NoOrdAdd1

Thanks for your response Francisco
Rich