[dba-SQLServer] Re: Truncate Log On Checkpoint

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Fri May 27 08:33:27 CDT 2005

Paul,

Here is the stored procedure that I include in all my databases to do teh
log stuff.

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.TruncateLog
AS
begin
         exec sp_dboption 'clientaware','trunc.log on chkpt.','TRUE'
end
begin
         checkpoint
end
begin
         dbcc shrinkfile(clientaware_log,1)
end

GO

Just replace clientaware with the name of you database and/or log file name.

Robert