[dba-SQLServer] Import Errors

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue May 31 17:16:19 CDT 2005

Charlotte, would it be possible to create a mock table with the same
settings and link to it to see if you get the same error? If not, you could
just import the data into the new table. I've seen phantom characters cause
this kind of mischief in Access, and you'll never find the culprit.

Susan H.

I'm beating my head against some import errors that don't make much sense.
I've got an Access FE with linked SQL Server tables and one table is giving
me "Null value in an auto-number field" errors for two fields, neither of
which is an autonumber.  One of them is actually a text field declared as
varchar in SQL Server.  The other is declared as a smallint, but is set to
allow nulls and is not required.  Neither is set as an identity field.
HELP!