[dba-SQLServer] Who Has adp/ade open?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 28 17:28:23 CST 2005

Is this because you don't have a version of SQL EM?

Maybe a call to DBCC in SQL to get user connection.
Another way that might be more exact.
You could use WMI and check through each machine name in the domain and
check for running
adp task processes. You could then maybe and I stress maybe also find
out if a particular adp file is open
on that machine via some similar WMI method.

WMI can also give you all machine names in a domain.

Look at various sample scripts here
http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/

This might be time consuming.
Something like this

'Reports the account name under which each process on a computer is running.
'you would have to run this for every machine name.
Dim strComputer As String
Dim strUserDomain As String
Dim strNameofUser As String
Dim colProcessLiust As Object
Dim objProcess As Object
Dim objWMIService As Object
Dim colproperties as variant 'or is it object

strComputer = "."  'This is the machine name in the domain.  "."
indicates "local"
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Process")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
    colProperties = objProcess.GetOwner(strNameOfUser,strUserDomain)
    debug.print  "Process " & objProcess.Name & " is owned by " _
        & strUserDomain & "\" & strNameOfUser & "."
Next

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.