[dba-SQLServer] REVOKE

Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com
Wed Oct 5 10:07:59 CDT 2005

In this case, we are revoking all permissions on a table for a particular
login.  This used to work, but it turns out that a couple months ago,
explicit permissions were granted to this login, so it overrules the
revoke (I'm not the dba and don't do these tasks)  My boss has decided to
just drop this login and rebuild it.  In this case, the revoke step was
blocked due to the table being in use.  Now that I know how to use sp_who
I can troubleshoot better.

Thanks,

Mark Whittinghill
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Protective - Asset Protection Division
636.536.5720
Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com

"Billy Pang" <tuxedo_man at hotmail.com>
Sent by: dba-sqlserver-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
10/04/2005 08:38 PM
Please respond to
dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com

dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
cc

Subject
Re: [dba-SQLServer] REVOKE

I would think an "access denied" issue would usually generate an error
rather than hang the connection but I have never had to use a REVOKE ALL
in
a DTS before.   which database revoking taking place?  Is it revoking all
permissions in the MASTER db?  maybe it is hanging the application that is

executing DTS.