[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server hanging

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:40:04 CDT 2006

excellent,
  I also use the following to shrink the log files

BACKUP LOG DB_NAME WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
DBCC SHRINKFILE ('DB_NAME_LOG', 10)

if you are unsure of what the database log filename is, do a "Select * From
sysfiles" in the database where you need to shrink the log file.

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!