[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server hanging

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Aug 10 23:27:11 CDT 2006

Also set the db to 'Simple' recovery model,
drop all indexes,
make sire the db + log files are big enough not to need auto-growing,
turn off auto grow?
You can also set the number of parallel tasks (need to experiment with
this one),
Set priority to high,
turn off logging,
maybe fiddle with the Transaction isolation level, chaos sounds
good...lol

As others have suggested use a global for the path changes.

cheers

Michael M