[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] Transferring adatabasetoanotherSQLServer

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Aug 28 07:59:31 CDT 2006

>In yet another attempt to cater to the masses...

I AM the masses.

>You need to turn "Simple File Sharing" off, not turn "File Sharing" off.

I have no idea how to turn "file sharing" on / off.  I have turned "simple
file sharing" off with the result that the poor huddled masses can no longer
see the files on the poor huddled masses other machines, which makes the
poor huddled masses most unhappy.  Furthermore,  in SQL Server EM with SFS
turned off, the other machines no longer even show up as available to
register a server on, which also makes the poor huddled masses most unhappy.

It seems that by following the simple edict "turn off SFS" the poor huddled
masses have royally screwed up the private little workgroup in the home
office, and can not seem to get it back.

Sigh.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS on how to COMPLETELY implement something are so much
appreciated.  The poor huddled masses are called the poor huddled masses
precisely because they have not spent the hundreds of hours required to
become OS administrators.