[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] TransferringadatabasetoanotherSQLServer

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon Aug 28 09:23:45 CDT 2006

Perhaps the advice provided months (a year?) ago when I recall this same
(or similar) problem arose, recommending that this type of thing should
not be attempted without sufficient training / experience / professional
assistance, was good advice?

Simple file sharing is the reason you could not connect. Steps to
disable it were posted in a previous post.  Enabling it is as simple as
checking the box instead of unchecking it.. A 1 minute search on google
will further provide these details.

Furthermore, the documentation for SQL Server - Books On Line, by far
the best product documentation that MS has provided, will provide you
with plenty of easy to find material on configuring security in SQL
Server, which will detail the issues you are requesting on SQL / Windows
Authentication.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but there are reasons that this stuff is
taught in detailed courses -> it's just not something you can pick up
and try to do off the cuff without some experience or at least
willingness to investigate the documentation provided.   And when the
(correct) help we provide is thrown back at us with "you screwed my
network" then, with all respect -> good luck with it yourself..