[dba-SQLServer] Upload documents with MSAccess FE

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Dec 27 09:17:10 CST 2006

The reason this is occurring is that Access also stores the program
that opens the file.
You need to use a VB/c# program to store the file instead of Access.
then you will get only the file stored as a binary.

The overhead with Access is why everyone says not to store the file
inside of the database.  But, it is limited to an Access
thing.  Using a different program to load the file will keep the
bloat from happening.

Robert