[dba-SQLServer] SQL 2005 Server Management Studio

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 8 21:09:09 CST 2006

Just when you thought it safe to snooze , part of VB 9.0 has been
released in Beta or Community Technology Preview.
You are probably using VB 8.0 Net with SQL Express
Available here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/future/
Blog
http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2006/01/23/516545.aspx

VB 9.0  brings in  XLINQ (Language Integrated Query)  a type of
integrated SQL query for XML and SQL Server
supposed to replace T-SQL. Well maybe;)
VB9 covers three main areas: Simplifying querying data by integrating
query operations into VB and unifying the querying of object, relational
and XML data; simplifying working with dynamic data, by accessing
dynamic members easily and imposing structure on dynamic objects; and
simplifying working with XML, by producing XML documents quickly.

looks like this

Dim R As { Total As Integer, Density As Double } = _
  Select New { .Total = Count(Country), _
               .Density = Avg(Country.Population/Country.Area) } _
  From Country In Countries _
  Where Country.Population < 1000000

--
Marty Connelly