[dba-SQLServer] About Mike's SQL Server book

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 12 08:49:38 CST 2006

Thanks Kath -- glad to be of help.

I'm not sure I agree with Drew though -- I still copy -- that's why I write
my own books! ;) However, knowing how they works is great when it doesn't
work. :) I think that's the biggest problem -- most folks are smart enough
to find the pieces they need, but when they don't work, they don't know how
to fix the error. I'd say that 80% of the time, it's just syntax.

Susan H.

Hi Susan - it was me looking for it.

After checking all the major technical bookshops here with no luck - I will
order from Amazon. I wanted it sooner but I guess I will have to wait the 2
weeks. sigh

BTW - I have read a lot of your other book "From Access to SQL Server" and
it was interesting to see how much I learnt on basic SQL syntax. There are
always so many gaps when you teach yourself and I learnt quite a lot.

I remember someone on the list once saying (was it Drew?) that it's only
when you stop copying and pasting and start writing your statements from
scratch that you get the hang of it.

Anyway - well done on the book.

rgds
Kath