[dba-SQLServer] SPs are read-only

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Jan 26 01:39:32 CST 2006

John,

As far as I am aware when you pull back data into an appliication using an SP it is read only, if you want to pull back data and make it editible then I have found you have to use a view (do as much filtering as possible here (well I do anyway)) and then use some code with a select statement to bring it into an editible recordset.
If anyone knows different about SP's then please tell me as well cause OH how I would love to have an editible store procedure.
Paul

Message Received: Jan 26 2006, 07:28 AM