[dba-SQLServer] Moving some object's recordsource to SQL Server

David Lewis DavidL at sierranevada.com
Thu Jan 26 10:50:36 CST 2006

Here is a code snippet that will connect you to sql server and run a
sproc using a parameter that is fed in from a control on the form.  HTH.
D. Lewis

Dim intBrewid  As Integer
Dim cmd As ADODB.Command
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
Dim rstHop As ADODB.Recordset
Set rstHop = New ADODB.Recordset
Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
Set cmd.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
cmd.CommandText = "dbo.spBrewMaltValues"
intBrewid = lstBrews.Value

Dim prm As ADODB.Parameter
Set prm = cmd.CreateParameter("Brewid", adInteger, adParamInput, ,
intBrewid)
cmd.Parameters.Append prm
DoCmd.Hourglass True

Set rst = cmd.Execute