[dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL 2000 on a server that already has SQL 2003

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:20:40 CDT 2006

generally you do not install 2000 on a 2005 server, it just isn't done (in
general).  I've seen servers work well w/ as an example 7.0 and 2000
instances.  but when you upgrade you loose the old EM and are now forced to
use the new EM for 2000 in that situation, for 2005 I beleive it's similar,
the install will remove EM and put in Visual Studio manager (or whatever
it's called).

--
Francisco

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!