[dba-SQLServer] ISP doesn't support SQL Server?

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Mar 28 13:25:00 CST 2006

Steve,

There is more to it than that.

They would have to install SQL Server.  And since they do not have it available,
why would they install any drivers for it?  Most of the inexpensive ISPs are on
Linux and would not support SQL Server, only MySQL.

If you want SQL Server and ASP/ASP.Net capabilities, here is a shameless
advertisement...   go to http://www.WeBeDb.com and check out the 2nd lowest
level package.  I say shameless advertising because I own the site I am sending
you to.  I put together the hosting idea about a year ago as affordable SQL
Server hosting plans for people that need it.  This is Windows 2003 based with
SQL Server 2000 and 2005 available.

Robert L. Stewart
The Dyson Group International
Software for the Non-profit Enterprise