[dba-SQLServer] ISP doesn't support SQL Server?

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 19:53:36 CST 2006

Marty,

I went through my copy of "ASP in a Nutshell and added another 20 or
so objects to your list, like CDONTS.xxx and ADODB.Record.

All 9 of the ADODB objects are installed except Field and Property.

I have now experimented with the debugging code for VBScript I found
somewhere (4 Guys from Rolla?) and have listed all the Connection
Object Properties Collection data-provider-specific properties.  There
are 93 properties and they contain things like:

DBMS Name: Microsoft SQL Server
DBMS Version: 08.00.2039
OLE DB Version: 02.70
Provider Version: 08.10.9042

And now!  The Recordset opens and contains data and it displays on the
page!  Take THAT Earthlink!!!

Hey, Marty, thanks a lot!

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing