[dba-SQLServer] Defrag machine with SQL 7

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:34:46 CDT 2006

when the service is stopped / sql server / sql server agent, these
files are released, if they are not there may be a problem w/ the way
your OS is handeling this, addtionally if you are running an A/V you
may wish to not scan the mdf/ldf files so that they are released.
otherwise what will happen is that it takes forever for some a/v
software to release the files.