[dba-SQLServer] sp_configure question

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Sep 2 11:19:20 CDT 2006

Susan,

If the DSL company checked the service to the outside of your house then it
isn't BellSouth.  If they blocked the signal it would have to be somewhere
outside of your house.  Ask for a new modem, they do break / can be
defective.  Don't they have an "install" service?  My cable people wouldn't
let me NOT have them install the service and the "install" was about $40.
That would get the guy inside your house, installing the modem.  If it fails
he will throw his tester on it to see if he has signal to the modem (which
is almost certain).  BTW, the point of the "phone filter" is to filter out
the buzz caused by the DSL signal.  You can't run the DSL modem BEHIND
(downstream of) such a filter.  If you are putting the modem behind a
filter, that will cause the modem to "not work".