[dba-SQLServer] How does it work

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:23:05 CDT 2006

If the raid 5 is a software raid you will need to recreate it from the
OS which you say you are backing up.  Personally I would use Acronis
for the backups it seems to do a much better and reliable job than
ghost (ymmv).  IF the raid is a hardware raid then you do not really
stand to loose it you just point the OS to the logical drive and you
are off and running.

My current db backups have not yet reached a number like yours, I
backup to a local drive and have that get backed up to tape, then
again to another system as a zip file.