[dba-SQLServer] Accees Grouping Vs SQL

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 13:21:19 CDT 2006

John,

I just kinda lurk on the SQL list...just wading through trying to
learn...and not sure if this could be a solution for you...but depending on
what version of SQL you're using, one of the following may be useful:

@@IDENTITY
This is an intrinsic variable in SQL Server that contains the Id of the
record that was last created on this connection, regardless of the table.
IDENT_CURRENT('table')
This function returns the ID of the record that was last created in the
specified table.
SCOPE_IDENTITY
This variable contains the Id of the last record that was created within the
current scope, regardless of the table.

Good luck,

Mark A. Matte