[dba-SQLServer] Holidays by Nation and State/Province/Canton/etc.

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Jan 11 21:14:22 CST 2007

I write this from Canada, wherein the days designated Holidays vary from province to province. Some Holidays are designated National and apply to all provinces. Other Holidays are local to the particular province of interest.

Does the same thing apply to the USA? Are there, for example, holidays in Georgia that are not recognized in New York? Is there some definitive list of these that can be downloaded from someplace?

Second, one assumes that this also applies to other nations. Let us take Switzerland as a hypothetical example. Are there holidays in Canton X that are not holidays in Canton Y?

Gustav, what say you about Denmark? (I confess that I don't even know what a region of Denmark is called -- a province? a state? an enclave?)

I think we have a few Dutch listers here too. What say you?

Any French? Belgians? Italians? Spanish? Portuguese? Bulgarians? Serbians? etc.

One assumes, based solely on the difference between Canada and the USA, that there are different national holidays and also "provincial" holidays.

Can anyone supply more detail into this?

TIA,
Arthur

TIA,