[dba-SQLServer] Paean to the Access Development Team

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon Jan 29 17:50:37 CST 2007

Hi Arthur,

Nice article.

It was only yesterday I made the 'mistake' of suggesting MS Access as a
solution to a potential
clients problem.  They told me they didn't use Access because it was too
slow and they didn't like it...
I'm now committed to a C# solution, sadly I wont charge 10x the Access
price but it will easily cost
more. much much more hehehehe
I know they are wrong but they insist...

They also don't want to use FTP to move a bunch of files from their
clients. The clients are internal
but remote ie not attached to network.  VPN has also been nixed.

Anyone know how to get Exchange to place attachments sent to a specific
mailbox in a specified folder?

This is related to SQL because the attachments have data in them that
will end up in SQL 2K  ;-)

cheers

Michael M

Thanks!

Arthur Fuller
Technical Writer, Data Modeler, SQL Sensei Artful Databases Organization
www.artfulsoftware.com