[dba-SQLServer] A weird Access + SQL puzzle

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 06:40:08 CDT 2007

I have been developing an app for a client on my own box, using winXP SP2,
Access 2000 SR1, SQL 2005. On my machine it runs just fine. I did a backup
on my machine and restored that to the client's machine, also running the
identical Access and SQL 2005 (as far as I can tell). The app runs ok, and
from inside Management Studio everything looks identical. But from within
the Access app on the client's machine, all the stored procedure names have
an unexplained suffix of ";1". This is not visible in Management Studio.
This problem does not affect the views, only the stored procedures.
Fortunately, lots of the app uses views and not stored procedures.

I've a lot of Access + SQL Server work and never seen this before. I tried
renaming the procedures from within Access, but no go. I tried
re-establishing the connection. No go.

I have no idea what is going on here.

Anyone?

TIA,