[dba-SQLServer] Scheduling DTSX packages in SQL Server 2005

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Tue Jun 12 10:32:59 CDT 2007

Dear List,

I have created a perfectly nice dtsx package which moves data from a
table in one database on a server (running SQL Server 2000) to an
identical table on another server running SQL Server 2005. When I save
the package to my desktop and double click on it, it runs perfectly.

Because it's from 2000 to 2005, I don't have the option to do this in
2000.

When I schedule that package to run every hour, it fails.  On the hour
and when I randomly click on it and "Start Job at Step".  I have done
everything I can think of to make the nasty thing run, but all it
reports in History is "The job failed.  The Job was invoked by User
AD-ENT\elizabeth.j.doering.  The last step to run was step 1 (Step1)."
This is beginning to feel rather personal here, like the server gods
have it in for User AD-ENT\elizabeth.j.doering, i.e, me.

I've done everything I can think of, but that was a short list, mostly
involving rescheduling the package.  I've also torn my hair and jumped
up and down, but those don't seem to help either.  Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Liz

Liz Doering
elizabeth.j.doering at wellsfargo.com
612.667.2447

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.