[dba-SQLServer] Bulk insert

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue May 8 12:40:59 CDT 2007

Jim,

At this point it is not necessary.  I built a preprocessor in a few hours
using my toy (Access).  My toy application handles everything exactly as
described.  Someday (soon I hope) I will port that to VB.Net which I hope
will be much quicker in the preprocessing department.  Then I will be
considered by some as being a real man, playing with real tools.  ;-)
Others will still consider me a child, playing with toys because I didn't
take it straight to C#.  SOMEDAY (far in the future) perhaps I will embed
those pieces directly in CLR programming inside of SQL Server 2005.  Then I
will be able to look down my nose at those children still playing with toys.

For now, it works and with the addition of driving the Sproc from the vba
will be an integrated application like what I described.