[dba-SQLServer] What have I done?

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Sun May 13 21:14:42 CDT 2007

Help!  This has been making my stomach upset all weekend.

In a meeting on Friday afternoon, I apparently agreed to do the
following:

	Plan is to have Elizabeth Doering to build the initial analytic
data load then we move it into production in the new shared Oracle
database.

What the heck did I agree to?  This won't go into production until early
next year, so I have time to learn something about Oracle in the
meantime.  I have built what will be the production database, no
problems there, thanks to the help of this list, but the fact of moving
the data to Oracle is freaking me out just a bit.  I can build a script
that would move the data from one SQL Server 2005 database to another,
but what changes when the destination is Oracle?

Thanks,

Liz

Liz Doering
elizabeth.j.doering at wellsfargo.com
612.667.2447

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation"