[dba-SQLServer] Thanks for the help

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 14 08:29:01 CDT 2007

James,

>For your question on pulling records from SQL Server, if you are using SQL
Server 2005, you can use:

With [tblInf] as (select ROW_NUMBER() over (Order By [PKID]) as 'ROWNUMBER'
	  ,[PKID]
      ,[FName]
      ,[MName]
      ,[LName]
      ,[Address]
      ,[Address2]
      ,[City]
      ,[State]
      ,[Zip]
      ,[Zip4] from [tblInfutor])
Select *
from [tblInf]
where ROWNUMBER between 10000 and 12000

***

I used this which works as advertised.  The only issue is that it displays
the RowNumber column which I need to suppress if at all possible.  These are
being exported out to my address vaildation package and it doesn't want the
line number.

Is it possible to suppress displaying the RowNumber field?