[dba-SQLServer] OT SharePoint

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue May 15 12:04:40 CDT 2007

I have just moved job to oversee the deployment of a 29,000 user MOSS install. First 300 user site goes live July. Out of the box it provides great features. With some programming even more. I am lucky as I have been paired iwth one of the best programmers in the University for this.

We are initially using it to drive almost all of our administrative functions. Document sharing, communications etc

Its early days and it does have issues once you get beyond the user interface but it is very good. The searching ability it has to search MOSS sites, Exchange and file shares etc is really useful to us.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall