[dba-SQLServer] OT SharePoint

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu May 17 16:10:07 CDT 2007

Jim

No problem. Have to admit its  a huge bit of software. We have 3 additional servers arriving this week. The main issue I am having other than directly sharepoint is that it touches everything else in the infrastructure. Email, Active Directory, Windows Server, IIS,SQL Server and in a few months Oracle!!! Spend 4 hours with a consultant today installing the farm. My major plus is we have a huge consultant budget to call on as we are moving to Microsoft across the enterprise and we have little or no skills in house other than three of us who have sort of been cobbled together for this project.

Its actually getting fairly intense building up this project I am doing trying to keep on top of al of it. I am beginning to know how JC must be feeling. Eventually we will have almost 30,000 users! feel sick thinking about it (<:

Maritn

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall