[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server versus Oracle

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 31 14:47:51 CDT 2007

SQL Server can easily handle terrabyte files and giga records.  I think you
are up against analysts who WANT Oracle because that is what they are
accustomed to, NOT "what is best, or what is easiest, or what is (insert
your choice here)".  It is darned tough to address WANTS, cause they will
fight tooth and nail to dispute whatever you say.  I think you should
concentrate on what you have, that it will quite comfortably support your
usage for many years and that you can easily hire analysts who can use SQL
Server reporting.

Force the ANALYSTS to prove that SQL Server cannot do what they need instead
of VV.