[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server versus Oracle

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Thu May 31 14:53:46 CDT 2007

I work with Cognos BI tools a lot.

For reporting, Cognos and other BI tools would work equally well with either
Oracle or SQL Server; I've used Cognos with both. There's a lot of logic in
putting your data warehouse on a box that isn't serving your transaction
database, but there's no reason for the warehouse to be a different
manufacturer's database. Therefore, I don't see any need for Oracle for you.

Fred Hooper